Work with the Alliance!
Founded in 2009, the Greater Kokomo Economic Development Alliance serves the residents and businesses of Kokomo, Indiana, and Howard County through our commitment to fostering a positive economic climate and developing strategic initiatives for the area. We promote economic development through the Chamber of Commerce, Downtown Association, Visitors Bureau and Inventrek Technology Park.
Could you be part of the team that keeps creating an even greater Kokomo? We are currently hiring for the following positions:
• Finance Manager
• Membership Development Specialist for the Chamber of Commerce
See details about our open positions below.
Job Title: Finance Manager
(To apply, send your resume and cover letter to Michelle Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org)
Reports To: President & CEO
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
JOB SUMMARY: This position is responsible for all accounting functions, financial procedures, safeguarding of assets, and financial reporting to internal customers, board committees, councils, and external entities. This position is also responsible for managing Alliance resources and assets to ensure organizational quality and optimizations are maintained. In addition, this position coordinates with the Professional Employer Organization for all Alliance payroll and human resource administrative functions, as well as provides support for outside auditors during a financial audit.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Administers the financial operating procedures to ensure the integrity of the financial information and safeguarding of assets.
- Account for all financial operations of the Alliance and its affiliate organizations.
- Prepare reports of financial results for the Alliance board, councils, staff and outside entities.
- Monitors account receivable and payable records.
- Reports and monitors grant financial results.
- Coordinates with the Professional Employer Organization (PEO) for all Alliance payroll and human resource administrative functions.
- Prepares various reports for Federal, State and local government entities.
- Prepares and maintains Inventrek Technology Park tenant lease documents.
- Maintains contracts for the Alliance.
- Assists CPA firm with annual financial audits.
- Works with the insurance agent to maintain adequate coverage for the Alliance.
- Leads and coordinates annual budget preparation.
- Oversees all Alliance capital asset procurements.
- Administers the day-to-day business operations of the Alliance to ensure operational efficiencies.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Communicates expectations and manages employee performance of Alliance’s administrative staff
- Orient and train new employees.
- Assign work to direct reports and communicate how the successful performance of these duties will be measured.
- Assist direct reports with setting goals and objectives.
- Perform staff evaluations for direct reports.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor’s degree (B.A./B.S.) from a four-year college or university in a field relevant to finance and accounting, i.e. business administration, finance, public administration, or accounting is required. M.S./M.B.A. is preferred. Employee should possess 5 to 7 years of related experience and/or training in a finance or accounting role. Experience working in an economic development or nonprofit environment is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Physical setting: Office
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)